Blame It On Fashion header
23:21 - 25/10/2012

CLOSE-UP: MMM WITH H&M

I’m back in LA after the most amazing days in NYC. I arrived Monday night and went straight to dinner at The Standard Grill with the rest of the Danish press. Tuesday I did a little shopping before going to the Maison Martin Margiela with H&M meet and greet to get a closer look at the collection.

It’s definitely the most unexpected, exciting and coolest collaboration H&M has done so far and I love how everything is so very Margiela. Shape and Volume, Oversized, Process of Tailoring, Ambiguity and Transformation are themes of the collection, which represents an overview of Margiela’s creative approach. The collaboration ‘presents a re-edition of iconic Margiela garments and accessories for men and women. Each piece is specifically labelled with a unique tag indicating the season from which it originated, spanning 23 years since the Maison’s foundings’. That includes the circle shirt from the SS02 collection, the biker jacket from the SS12 collection, the oversized jeans from the AW00 collection and the knit sock sweater, which was a part of the AW91 collection.

Among my favorite pieces are an oversized turtleneck (completely impossible to snap a decent picture of), the black ankle boots, the oversized blazer, the circle shirt, the oversized jeans, a pair of black leather leggings and a black leather dress, which Helena Christensen wore to the launch party later that day. Okay, that was a lot…  You’re next! What’s your favorites pieces?

UPDATE: I’ve posted the complete collection + prices on Facebook – including that awesome turtleneck I want so badly. Have a look here – and let me know your favorites!!

TWITTER * FACEBOOK * PINTEREST * FASHIOLISTA *

Current ye@r *

Liz- 2012/10/26 at 01:22
love it...I'm dying! it's amaze! check out my giveaway! http://lavieenliz.com
Pernille- 2012/10/26 at 03:58
Hej Marie, ved du evt hvilke H&M'er i NYC der får kollektionen? Eller måske hvordan jeg kan finde ud af det?
melbournetime- 2012/10/26 at 06:11
It's by FAR the most amazing collection H&M ever done. And really cool that they manage to make these things "mass produced" for a reasonable price. Look forward to see it live, which I probably never will since there is no H&M here in Melbourne... :(
MMM for H&M | melbournetime- 2012/10/26 at 07:28
[...] lastly, a picture I got from Blame It On Fashion to show exactly how cool the candy bag really is. Rate this:Share this:TwitterFacebookGillaGillaBe [...]
agneteemilie- 2012/10/26 at 09:28
Does anyone know if the collection will be available online as well? And if it will be online the same time as it hits the stores?
Pixels og Poesi- 2012/10/26 at 10:57
Jeg er ellers ikke Margiela fan, men det er virkelig en fantastisk kollektion. Jeg er vild med alle skoene og candy wrapper taskerne. Dog synes jeg priserne for fodtøjet er vildt pebrede. Hvordan synes du kvaliteten var?
Colourette- 2012/10/26 at 15:45
Synes denne kollektion tegner fantastisk!
vasilieva- 2012/10/26 at 21:00
the perspex heel boots and glove clutches are just best http://www.vasilievablog.com
Alexandra Brancovean- 2012/10/27 at 14:57
Love the boots!! http://paradise-trustnoone.blogspot.com.es/
Linda- 2012/10/28 at 12:33
nothing! i use to buy from every designer collection but this time i dont like anything, i would look like a clown in this collection:/ really disapointed!
NEW POST: Blame It On Fashion - NINE IN THE MIRROR: A COATS STORY